Monday, March 10, 2008

Jay Chou - Secret 不能说的秘密 movie review


Honestly , i was a little sceptical towards this film at first when it first screened in cinemas worldwide in year 2007. Although the overall reception of the film by the media and critics was good but i thought Jay's influence as a talented singer and songwritter had somehow overshadowed and exaggerated its success as a film. However , I do think I made a wrong judgement after watching this film on DVD yesterday. Jay proved his talents are far more than just singing and composing songs . Indeed .. it's a film well directed,acted and filmed.

Unlike most of the Hollywood commercial films that you can actually forgot what you've been watching for the past 1.5 hours right after you walked out from the cinema , a good movie will always has impacts on you, whether it is the story that touched you , the graphic that amazed you , the soundtracks that aspired you or the acting that convinced you.

In my opinion, this film has all it takes to be categorized as a "good movie". I 'm awestruck by the brilliant original script written by Jay himself. The storyline is special and unique , and thru-out the film you can see Jay's small detailed plots that make the story more lively . For an amateur director , he' s done a great job in telling this "secret" story . I specially like how the story unfolds at the later stage of the movie. To top these up, Jay choose to end this story with such a way that it leaves it to the audience to decide which kind of ending they would want. Absolutely brilliant.

If you didn't buy the peculiar storyline of this film , there are actually one more aspects that worth your 1.5 hours of watching time - the soundtracks. From Chopin to Jay , every soundtracks in this film are very nice and suitable for every scenes, and they all really bring up the whole feeling of the movie.From the hasten secret piece"secret" to the lovely music when they riding bicycle , to the exciting piano duel , all help elevates the mood of the film drastically. Furthermore , i really cannot forget all the songs which Jay and the lead actress played in the movie , so beautiful , and so romantic.

Above were the usual components of movie review ... now , its some of my personal sentiments :


Finally i get to my point ... The most important thing in this film is ... THE LEAD ACTRESS ! Gui Lun Mei ! Oh my god .. i can't forget her smiles , i can't forget her tears , i can't forget her eyes and the mysterious feel.
When she's sad .. I'm really sad also . I can't bear to see her cry or sad .. sigh .

I like her innocence. I like how lively and happy she is . I like how she kept her secret to herself and only express her joy to xiao lun(jay) .I like how she cries when she's feeling sad. I like how she listen closely ,patiently , passionately when jay's talking and playing piano. I like the look on her face when she confess love to Jay... I like her smiles... i like it when she tilt her head to one side and smile ..

One of the lines that touches me the most from this movie was " To see you , i count every steps from old piano room to the classroom. It takes 108 steps" . Sigh ..i almost drop tears when watch until there . I really like the character of this girl portrayed in this film. I so wish i can find a real life girlfriend that is like her . . . sigh.

Anyway , i rate this film 4.5 stars / 5 stars . I strongly suggest whoever haven't watch this movie go and watch it. Yesterday till now i watched twice already...




Atlantiz 0 ,
Xu shen . "in love" .



p/s : all images are properties of their rightful owners. I don't claim ownership of any of the images. You can contact me if you find ur rights violated and i will take those images down. Zzz .

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

indeed, this is very good movie. Myself has watched it 3 times in cinema xDDD
the soundtrack can say is
百听不厌!!
the scene of the show keeps popping up again and again when i listen the soundtrack. *thumb*

Anonymous said...

o.... every one got the same feel... atlantiz got same reception huh... a ha... in fact... the sound track has accompany me for two semester de... i use to repeating one of the track "ride wif me"!!! o my god... i close my eyes... i can really feel i standing beside a pool... very cold and calm enviroment... relax relax... music means lot for us huh...
lol... the "chew in love"wording much more 抢镜头 then the main article itself... haha... really or just u love wei lun mei again o... every time also like tat...
good blog any where!!! well done Blog master chew~

Anonymous said...

lol .. that "in love" is for her ... xiao yu ...

i like xiao yu .. not gui lun mei .

OMG xiao yu has took over the place of 全智贤in my heart .

I SO LOVE HER

Anonymous said...

erm, I really don't know whats wrong with you people... I haven't watch that movie so I not gonna comment on that movie but seriously it doesn't makes me wanna that.. The cast just turns me off... So I was just wondering if its so great...

Jay??? neigh..... xP

Anonymous said...

you can forget about Jay for the whole movie .

The lead actress alone already worth watching.

Well .. if u got time .. give it a try . really .

Anonymous said...

Well, I like brunette... Seriously... lol... and girls who look good in batik :P