Tuesday, November 10, 2009

In response to the article below ...

This happened yesterday.

I was expecting a parcel from Poland. The parcel did reach my house but it cannot be delivered without my presence. My mum didn't inform me of this and she only told me this last saturday. And so I urged her to help me to collect it on my behalf yesterday ( since post office is not open during weekend ). She called me yesterday night and told me that the parcel has been sent back to Poland and there's nothing she can do about it.

Well , I got pretty upset. i am in the middle of my preparation for my final exam and things didnt go very smoothly recently. I kind of expressed my discontent over the phone and grunted on how much easier it would be if she told me earlier about the parcel so that i can make arrangement to go back and claim the parcel. She apologized and sounded worried over the phone. I kinda ended the conversation like " OK lar , no choice, I will find a way to settle this. bye"

I went back to the table where I was studying before the call. I sat down and re-consider how I've behaved. Although I didn't explicitly blame my mum or use any harsh words, I didn't feel right about it. I'm afraid that she'll take the blame to herself and worry too much. I just couldn't concentrate on my studies anymore. After a few moments of thoughts, I left the study table and made a call back to my mum. I re-assured her that it is after all not a big problem and I could solve the problem fairly easy myself ( tho I have to admit things would be easier otherwise .... ) and told her not to worry about me. Then I started chatting casually with my mum just to cheer her up a little bit. To my surprised, I found out that she's not feeling well the whole day and yet she went to the post office to help me to ask for the parcel. I felt kinda ashamed of myself and I quickly comfort her as best as I could.

Indeed I felt a chill up my spines after the call. I'm so glad that I took the initiatives and made the call afterwards. After all, who am I to think that only I'm the one who has pressures and stress and problems ?


XuShen

3 comments:

cruSadER said...

Tat's cool. Tat's really cool. Tat's the way to go.

Ivan said...

thats my man!!!

OnG said...

my man~~~ u are not too late~~~ i will say my man too~~~ i can imagine ur mum worried face...
rocks~~~