Sunday, September 28, 2008

NUSSU Appreciation Dinner

Went for the Appreciation dinner held by NUS Student Union Last week. It was a dinner for all the standing committees under NUSSU. The blardy rich Union had belanja some 300- 400 people(i estimate) , students and school administrators alike to the 5-star rated Orchard Hotel in Orchard Road. A standard 8 course dinner was served . To further showcase the union's wealth , they offer free flows of Whiskey , vodka and gin. Quite an amazing feat , isnt it ? Now I know better where my school fees gone every year . It justified the price hike of my already killing's school fees ! YaY ! ( well .. the union's financial report for this year during the AGM : remaining
asset = half a million SGD . How's that sound ? 1 million ringgits. LOL ).

Quite a numbers of awards was announced that night , and my SAVE swept some really big awards , like Outstanding Projects among all the standing comms , Most improved comm etc. For me , i got a "Merit" aknowledgement certificate for my contribution to the union , lol , I dun know how did I qualified for the award but my name did showed up on the list. We also saw the newly appointed NUSSU President for year 09/10. He's a chinese student from Sitiawan malaysia ... Malaysia Power !

After the event , 6 of us went to KTV in orchard road. Dunno where comes the form ... 12 am sings to 4 am .. everybody 's so keen on singing , hell we paid 28 dollars for that 4 hours + 10 dollars for the money to take taxi back to NUS . LOL ... NUSSU sure has taught us how to spend money the right way .

The menu of the night , and the ball room.
my table.

Vodka. Since it is free .. why not drink more ? I drank at least 2 glass of it . And funny how the server(an auntie) dunno anything about vodka. She serves pure vodka without any mixer in it. Damn it 40% she wants my life . LoL . Anyway we requested some sprite to go along with da vodka. Well , i certainly think the vodka I tasted in America was way better than this in singapore.
Well . dress code is lounge suit .. so everyone kinda wear formal. Coincidentally we all wear black shirt that day. LoL .Oh yea that was Sky , we know each other in grand canyon.
One of the challenge shield we won that night. It's quite a big award to be honest !
Best projects organised in year 07/08 ... the small star trophy. This pic is to show our da dui zhang , if u remember him
IMHO , the best photo of me taken that night. LoL .
bunch of idiots too much money dunno where to spend.
King of the idiots .

No comments: