Saturday, September 20, 2008

Digital Sculpting artwork update (Zbrush)

Been long time didn't post anything and feel quite pity that only Atlantiz0 keep the blog going. I'm still at sunway, and I studying for 3rd year 2nd term. Wokring on my final project short film animation, still on the beginning stage, the timeline of doing this final project is 6 - 7 months.
By the way, I'm here to show my recently artwork. What I show this time is all digital sculpting by using a software called Zbrush 3.1. If you still not understand hiw I do it, just imagine a people sculpting a sculpture inside the computer screen. So....... stop reading, no more word, no need luo luo suo suo....


This piece of caricature sculpting is the most recent work, about 10 hours ago.
Been try out something different and cute.
This one I quite like it. called quan shi. Dog's dead body.
Started sculpt this creature with a empty mind, really don't know what I want this time. So I just randomly pull the wireframe of the basmesh until I satisfied. But after that, I still keep changing the proportion. At last, I sculpt untill the neck got a face shape, so I make it into a China hero warrior face, yeah! is so random.

And this chinese warrior die in a great war, and his side lost the battle. He wanted to revenge but he cant do it with his only died soul. His hate, anger become a devil at last. He using his dead evil body to start killing for revenge.
(Whoa!! Horrible Story.....)
This is a Alien.
3.5 hours.

1st try of oldman and wrinkles. not a very tough work but need alot of time.
3 hours.

Clementine.
While I sculpting, I also watching 1 movie called "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind". Been watching the 2nd time, because I like the concept and is 1 of the most crazy concept I ever watch. Starring Jim Carrey as Joel and Kate Winslet as Clementine. This movie is about some mind and brain stuff, and I really like Kate Winslet character. So I also named my mutant as Clementine, hahaha!!! Big Brain!!
I try to search my muscle reference folder and study it while I sculpting this, and I really spend very long time to finish this, is very slow, I think about 6 hours. But few parts I still don't like, like the shoulder, bisep muscle.... but I quite satisfied of the face.
I called this the Fatty mascular. Just wanted to try mixing fat and muscle, cant make any sense.
3.5 hours.

If you got problem of viewing the images, I liked to visit my artblog. http://atlantiz15.deviantart.com or http://atlantiz15.deviantart.com/gallery

Comment and welcome man, cheers!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool... improve lot dude... hope tat the muscular fatty not me... hey ... when u got back de o??? jibai tahunsss no see u de...

Anonymous said...

the fat muscular not you mer? I thought I take your photo as my refference. Go back ar? I also don't know ler, when my college holiday, you guys no holiday 1... December gua...

cruSadER said...

lol... i tot i wan to post a comment on the fat mascular like cbiat ong! rupanya he admit d!!!! wawahhahahahahha....

Anonymous said...

Whoa hahaha!! You damn bad lo... Serious look like him mer?? hahaha!!

Anonymous said...

Good job meng guan !

Hey your arts improved alot wor. Keep the good work going yea.

At least now you can tell the world you didn't go KL just for messin around ~ (Ur academic progress makes me feel like i'm messing around in Singapore. ..)

Looking forward for more updates from everyone.

Anonymous said...

Thanks man, haha!!

Eh, if art improve also not mean I didn't messing around ar.. haha!!
I'm just messing the messyness. I'm very damn lazy de lar...
Last term CGPA still let me get 4.0. I don't know what to say de lor.... hahahaha!! Just kidding man...

Whoa crap you! If you are messing around, then who's not?! Faster graduate la, then earn money treat us eat good stuff!!

Cheers...

Aaron said...

Really nice caricature! Hope to see more!